How Materials are Organized
Dear ISD and District Colleagues,
Welcome to the MAISA/REMC Common Core State Standards Professional Development Resources Project.
Included in this website are training tools that any ISD or district can use to facilitate conversations around the Common Core State Standards. These tools are intended to help groups or individuals to familiarize themselves with important points regarding the standards, and how to begin planning to use the standards.
You will find sets of training materials for English Language Arts, Mathematics and Content Area Teachers. We are aware of the need to get some basic tools into the hands of all districts and ISDs around the state. This collaborative project between MAISA and REMC has made these resources possible.
Materials are Organized by Content Areas:
- Content Literacy
- English Language Arts
Each content area contains several items that can assist in facilitating conversations around the Common Core Standards. Each content area and meeting link contains the following tools:
- Sign-in Sheets to verify District Provided Professional Development (DPPD)
- Participant Agenda
- Facilitator Agenda
- PowerPoint presentation with presenter notes
- Coming soon: Voice Over of the PowerPoint
- Materials and resource aids to enhance discussion
- Meeting Protocols described in detail for facilitating
- Additional resources to aid further conversations in each topic
You will find additional resources behind the following tabs:
- Smarter Balanced Assessment
- Parent Guides
Feel free to use the resources that best suit your needs.