Reason for the Project
Based on two surveys launched statewide in 2012 and 2013, ISD leaders, district leaders and classroom teachers indicated an overwhelming need for training materials of what MAISA identified as “leveled trainings” for the Common Core roll out and implementation.
Purpose: These training materials are to be used by any district PLC, staff meetings, or ISD gatherings with the intent of getting all districts in the state to the same level of understanding regarding the Common Core State Standards.
Members: A small team of experts from around the state participated in this project. A special thanks goes out to this team and to their organizations for their contributions to this project.
- English Language Arts – Barb Mick, COOR ISD and Cheryl Yocum, Wayne RESA
- Mathematics – Vic Bugni, Delta-Schoolcraft ISD and Terri Portice, Reeths-Puffer School District
- Content Literacy – Molly Bruzewski, Bay-Arenac ISD and David Johnson, Wexford-Missaukee ISD
- Project Managers – Judy Bonne, Wayne RESA, Molly Bruzewski, Bay-Arenac ISD, and Terri Portice, Reeths-Puffer School District
- Website Administrator – Anupam Chugh, Wayne RESA/REMC
We trust you find these tools and resources helpful as you continue your progression toward implementing the Common Core State Standards.